Initial Preparations Tips For Canon Wireless Printer Setup
Canon printers are top-notch state-of-the-art technology printers that let you print wirelessly from your Windows Computer, Android, Mac, iPad, etc. But if you want to take full benefits of this wireless printing, you have to do a “Canon Wireless Printer Setup” for facilitating its printing functions. The process for preparing your canon printer wireless setup is easy and swift but before moving any further towards starting configuring your printer wirelessly, undergo few points that are given below.
- First and foremost, you have to set up the hardware of your printer. For this, you have to do some initial preparation that entails unwrapping your canon printer. Then fix all its ink cartridges into their position correctly and place the papers into the printer tray. Now, turn on the power of your canon printer, and check the power LED lights once your printer gets on.
- Now, to setting up a wireless network connection, it is needed that you must know the name and password of your network. In case if you don’t remember the credentials, go and check your wireless router label on the backside and look below the heading that states “Default Wireless Settings”. Also, if your wireless router does not contain any label on its backside, you can check the credentials on the documents that are come along with your router.
- Also, check whether you have installed the canon printer driver or not on the computer for your canon wireless printer setup. It will ease your computer in harmonizing with your canon printer and therefore lets you customize all the printing settings.
- Furthermore, if you aspire to do a canon wireless printer setup on your tablet, smartphone, iPad, etc., It becomes necessary for you to install the Canon Print application. This Canon Print application is specifically composed for all users of Canon printers who directly want to perform printing from their smartphones.
How To Connect Canon Printer To Wifi Wirelessly?
WPS Connection Method
The question is how to connect canon printer to wifi? To connect canon printer to wifi:
- The initial footstep is you have to discover the Wifi switch on your canon printer. If you don’t find the Wifi switch directly, go for the user manual that comes along with your printer and verify it.
- Next, press that Wifi button and hold it until you see that the Wifi lamp available on your printer begins to glow blue.
- Once the Wifi lamp gets flashed for 2 times, freed the Wifi button.
- To jump forward with the wireless setup process of your Canon printer, you have to move to the access point and hold the WPS push switch. When you did so, your canon printer will automatically start presenting you the status of the connection showing that it is in the hunt for your router. While searching for your router, the power lamp and the Wifi lamp continue to blink. Once your WPS router is determined by your canon printer your device’s screen will automatically show the connection status of your printer. Also, after this, both the lamps of power and the Wifi will become bright and steady.
If you don’t have a WPS push button on your router, don’t get panic about the network connection of your canon printer. There is another method for achieving canon printer wireless setup, i.e., Standard Setup. This method is the most commonly practiced method that is used by users for forming a connection in between the printer and router.
- After turning on your printer, reach the Settings icon, which is shown on the main screen.
- Scroll down the presented list and choose the LAN Settings choice.
- To set up your canon printer wireless setup network, choose the Wireless LAN setup choice.
- By doing this, you will learn to notice a variety of choices for connect canon printer to wifi. Find and select the Standard setup option.
- If your router is correctly set up and switched on, the printer will showcase its name in just a few minutes. Choose your network name and you will see the passphrase screen.
- Be cautious while you are typing your password as it is case sensitive also enter it accurately.
- To successfully finish the Canon printer wireless setup, then click on the OK tab.
Steps To Get Canon Printer Wireless Setup On Computer
New, improved, and advanced technology canon printers can be simply connected to your device without any USB cable. To set up the printer on a device wirelessly, the primary and most essential condition is to allow WiFi on your device. It should be noted that the WiFi that you have located on your device must be the same to which your canon printer is connected. When this is finished, the subsequent step is to connect your printer to the machine. Later performing this, your printer will be capable receive instructions from your Canon printer.
- Begin canon wireless printer setup on windows by reaching the Control Panel application. You can simply find it from the source menu.
- Promptly, choose to Look at devices and canon printers. A new windowpane will emerge where you will see the add a Printer choice.
- Simply you have to click on it, and a list of printers that all connect canon printer to wifi network as your machine will appear.
- Click on the canon printer you desire to connect, and shortly you will notice that your canon printer is attached.
- Flutter your cursor over and put it on the start menu for Canon Printer Wireless Setup on Mac. From the presented menu, choose System Choices.
- You will be provided with a large number of options, choose Print and Scan.
- On the left-hand side of the subsequent window, you will see a list of canon printers, which are already installed on your device.
- Later on this list, you’ll know a plus symbol that you require to click to locate your printer. Finally, your printer name will start appearing on the device screen, and then choose it. Further, you can start printing from your Mac.