Sometimes it may be possible that you are not able to communicate an error you are facing while accessing your Canon printer. You will face this particular error before you go for an update to the operating system of your device. Additionally, you will confront this type of error while you connect the Canon printer to the network before installing the printer driver on your device.
Cannot Communicate With Printer Error Issue Resolve
Check the settings of printer’s network
- Firstly you have to set up a link between your computer and canon printer by connecting them to the Wi-Fi network. But what do you think should we have to connect it to the common network? Yes, you have to link both of them to the same network.
- If you own a wired canon printer, then first check whether the Ethernet cable is connected perfectly to your printer and computer device or not. Also, ensure the Ethernet cable you are using does not damage from anywhere.
- Whereas, you also have to ensure that all the network parameters, counting the wireless modem name, SSID, etc., have to be the same as the wireless router you own if you possess a wireless canon printer.
Remove The Files For Getting The Print Job
- Now, on your computer device, hit the “Windows” button available in the lower-left corner.
- Next, in the search area type “run” then hit the Enter key.
- After this, inside the search field, type “services.msc” then you have to hit the “Ok” button.
- It will then show up the service window on your computer screens. In the service window, discover the Print Spooler file, and then you have to right-click on the same and hit the End button.
- Next, you need to open the run window of the screen again.
- Now in the running window type, “spots” then hit the “Ok”.
- Then, class “%systemroot%\System32\spool\printers”. Next, hit the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Now, you have to pick the complete folders. For this, you need to simply press the “Ctrl” key and “A” key together.
- Then you should hit the delete key to remove all of the unnecessary files from your system.
- Once all the files are get removed, closed the spool folder.
- Finally, get back to the services window again. Right-click on the directory of “Print Spooler Service” in the same window and then hit the “Start” tab.
Driver Uninstall And Reinstall Of Canon Printer
If still, the printer cannot communicate with computer, it means the canon printer driver is yet not get fixed, uninstalled, and reinstalled.
Uninstall Canon Printer Driver
- You can click on the windows icon or the start icon.
- Then select the “Control Panel” and click on it.
- The Programs and Features or Programs option should be click in the Control Panel.
- After that, right-click on the file name of the Canon printer driver and then click on the Uninstall software.
- Later, you are prompted to uninstall the printer software via a message which enables you to click on the yes tab. This completely uninstalls the software from your device.
Reinstallation Canon Printer Driver
- Before installing, you should be sure that you can download the printer driver with the help of Canon’s page.
- You have to double-press on the configuration folder after successfully downloading the canon printer driver.
- In the Power User Account window, you have to click on the yes tab.
- Then select the language of your choice and click on the Next button.
- Select the network connection printer form by the “Wireless LAN Connection” to “USB Connection”.
- If you are using Mac or PC, then insert your login credentials.
- You should assure your canon printer is activated after that, click on the Ok tab.
- If your canon printer attached to the interface is previously attached, select the name of your printer and then click on the next tab from the given list.
- Insert your canon printer serial number, then click on the “Next” tab to begin the installation of your driver.
Supplementary Measures To Solve Cannot Communicate With Printer Canon Error
- Solve the problem of paper jamming.
- View the canon printer’s configuration.
- Check the power supply of the canon printer.